Ready for takeoff? Today we’re breaking down the best vegan options in some of the major international US airports. Turns out, there’s no need to panic about food options while you’re traveling!
If you’re a vegan eater like us, you probably know how stressful traveling can be. No vegan likes the feeling of being hungry and not knowing what vegan options are available, especially when they’re in an unfamiliar place. Lucky for you, we know all the best places to grab vegan food at the major international airports in the US. And – because you asked so nicely – we’re going to share them with you. So buckle your seat belt, sit back and relax, and enjoy the read. We have a feeling you’ll be booking your next cross-country trip soon enough.
Craving some delicious vegan food now? We don’t blame you! Head to your local grocery store or shop online for The Pizza Plant. Our pizzas are 100% vegan, scratch-made, and so tasty — you won’t believe they’re better for both you and the planet. For a pizza topped with savory vegan pepperoni, try our Everything But The Hog plantbased pizza. If sausage is your thing, go for our Salsiccia Italiano plantbased pizza. Sticking to a vegan diet has never been so easy and enjoyable with The Pizza Plant!
Now, let’s talk about vegan options at some of the major international US airports.
- Los Angeles International Airport – We had to start in our hometown, of course! Los Angeles is known for being a vegan hotspot, and the airport certainly reflects it. Try out these tasty vegan options next time you’re hopping off a plane at LAX:
- Real Food Daily: Fully vegan restaurant
- Asian Street Eats: Vegetable potstickers and rice bowls with tofu
- Pre-A-Manager: Vegan rainbow salad
- Ford’s Filling Station: The Urban Herbivore sandwich (no mayo)
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport – Texas, in general, isn’t quite known for their plethora of vegan options. But if you’re traveling through Dallas, you may be surprised to find that there are quite a few plantbased options within the airport:
- Banh Shop: Grilled Tofu Banh Mi (no aioli)
- TGI Fridays: Beyond Burger
- UFood Grill: Veggie burger and vegan chili
- Pinkberry: Coconut milk based yogurt
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport – You may also be surprised to know that there are quite a few vegan options at Atlanta’s international airport. Find some of the best listed here:
- Asian Choa: Vegetable rolls
- Atlanta Bread Company: California Avocado Sandwich (no cheese or dill sauce), or the Veggie Sandwich
- Bobby’s Burger Palace: Veggie burger
- Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh: Make any dish on the menu vegan!
- O’Hare International Airport in Chicago – Heading to the Midwest? Try out these windy-city airport delicacies that are, by the way, totally vegan:
- Burrito Beach: Tacos with grilled vegetables, Veggie Chili
- The Goddess and Grocer: Garden Goddess Wrap
- Wicker Park Seafood and Sushi Bar: Veggie rolls
- John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York – Just like Los Angeles, the city of New York is known for their vegan-friendly restaurants and their airport is no different. You certainly won’t lack options when you get hungry in this airport. In fact, good luck choosing between the amazing options at hand! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Beyond sausage sandwich (no egg or cheese)
- Kobeyaki: Vegan sushi
- Palm Bar and Grille: Black Bean Veggie Burger
- San Francisco International Airport – We’re back in California! You’ll also find tons of vegan options at SFO, so be sure to travel hungry. Here are a couple of them:
- The Plant Cafe Organic: Variety of options, such as the Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich and Yellow Curry Bowl
- Amy’s Drive Thru: Vegan milkshakes, salads, burgers, pizza
Wow — that’s a lot of vegan airport food! If you’re traveling somewhere that’s not on our list, we’re sure you can find a list of vegan options here. If you found this post helpful, be sure to share it with a friend. And, hey – maybe you two can plan a fully vegan vacation together!
Don’t forget to shop online or head to your local grocery store for The Pizza Plant. Our plantbased pizzas take the vegan experience to a whole new level.
For all The Pizza Plant grocery locations and to find one near you, visit our store locator page. To order nationwide shipping, visit our delivery page.
Remember to follow us on Instagram @thepizzaplantusa for drool-worthy pizza pics, perfect pizza pairings, new store distributions, and more!