- By: The Pizza Plant
- Category: Uncategorized
- 0 Comment
Hi there! My name is Sarah, and I'm a young, health-conscious mother of two. As someone who values a balanced diet, I'm always on the lookout for healthy and delicious meal options for my children. While fresh fruits and vegetables are always a great option, sometimes I like to mix it up and pack something more substantial for my children's school lunches..
Here are some of my favorite plant-based lunch ideas that are a bit different from your typical fruits and veggies:
1. Chickpea Salad Sandwich – This is a great alternative to traditional tuna salad. Simply mash up some chickpeas with a little vegan mayo, diced celery, and seasonings of your choice. Serve it on whole grain bread with lettuce and tomato for a delicious and filling sandwich.
2. Black Bean and Corn Salad – This salad is packed with protein and flavor. Simply mix together cooked black beans, corn, diced red onion, chopped cilantro, and a simple dressing made of lime juice, olive oil, and cumin. Serve it with some tortilla chips for a satisfying lunch.
3. Mediterranean Lentil Soup – Soup is a great option for colder months. Lentil soup is packed with protein and fiber, and can be made in a big batch to last all week. Simply cook lentils with some vegetable broth, diced veggies, and seasonings of your choice.
4. Roasted Vegetable Wrap – Roasting vegetables is a great way to bring out their natural sweetness and flavor. Roast up some veggies like zucchini, bell peppers, and onions, then wrap them in a tortilla with some hummus, avocado, and spinach for a tasty and filling lunch.
5. Quinoa and Roasted Vegetable Bowl – This is a great option for meal prep. Cook up some quinoa and roast up some vegetables like sweet potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower. Layer them in a bowl with some hummus, avocado, and a drizzle of tahini for a delicious and nutritious lunch.
6. Vegan Chickpea Curry – Curry is always a crowd-pleaser. Simply cook up some chickpeas with diced veggies like carrots, onions, and tomatoes in a curry sauce made of coconut milk and spices. Serve it over brown rice for a satisfying and flavorful lunch.
7. The Pizza Plant Pizza Slices – Cold pizza is the best! Simply fully cook a pizza, slice it up, and pack. Simple, yet nutritious and a kid favorite.
By incorporating these plant-based lunch ideas into my children's lunchboxes, I know they are getting a variety of nutrients and flavors that will keep them energized and nourished throughout the day.
Loved this post? Share it with a friend or family member! And, of course, be sure to stock your freezer with The Pizza Plant.
For all The Pizza Plant grocery locations and to find one near you, visit our store locator page. To order nationwide shipping, visit our delivery page.
Remember to follow us on Instagram @thepizzaplantusa